What the Scripture says about the New Moon
1) Let no one therefore judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a festival or a new moon or sabbaths — which are a shadow of what is to come — but the Body of the Messiah.
2) ‘And on the beginning of your new moons you bring near an ascending offering to Yahovah: two young bulls and one ram, and seven lambs a year old, perfect ones; three-tenths of an ephah of fine flour as a grain offering, mixed with oil, for each bull; two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour as a grain offering, mixed with oil, for the one ram; and one-tenth of an ephah of fine flour, mixed with oil, as a grain offering for each lamb, as an ascending offering of sweet fragrance, an offering made by fire to Yahovah. ‘And their drink offering is half a hin of wine for a bull, and one-third of a hin for a ram, and one-fourth of a hin for a lamb. This is the ascending offering for each new moon throughout the new moons of the year, and one male goat as a sin offering to Yahovah is prepared, besides the continual ascending offering and its drink offering. ‘And in the first new moon, on the fourteenth day, is the Passover of Yahovah, and on the fifthteenth day of this new moon is a festival. For seven days Unleavened Bread is eaten.
3) “And in the day of your gladness, and in your appointed times, and at the beginning of your new moons, you shall blow the trumpets over your ascending offerings and over slaughterings of peace offerings. And they shall be a remembrance for you before your Elohim. I am Yahovah your Elohim.” And it came to be on the twentieth day of the second new moon, in the second year, that the cloud was taken up from above the Dwelling Place of the Witness.
4) For I see Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have established.
5) and to stand every morning to thank and praise Yahovah, and so at evening; and for all the ascending offerings to Yahovah on the Sabbaths and on the New Moons and on the appointed times, by number according to the right-ruling upon them, continually before Yahovah;
1st Chronicles 23:30-31
6) see, I am building a House for the Name of Yahovah my Elohim, to set it apart to Him, to burn before Him sweet incense, and for the continual showbread, and for the ascending offerings morning and evening, on sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the appointed times of Yahovah our Elohim. This is for Israel forever.
2nd Chronicles 2:4
7) even as the duty of every day required, offering according to the command of Moses, for the sabbaths, and for the new moons, and for the appointed times three times a year: the Festival of Matzot, and the Festival of Shavuot, and the Festival of Sukkot.
2nd Chronicles 8:13
8) And the sovereign portioned of his possessions for the ascending offerings, for the morning and evening ascending offerings, and the ascending offerings for the sabbaths and for the new moons and for the appointed times, as it is written in the Torah of Yahovah.
2nd Chronicles 31:3
9) In the third new moon they began to pile up heaps, and they finished in the seventh new moon.
2nd Chronicles 31:7
10) And on the twenty-forth day of this new moon the children of Israel were assembled with fasting, and in sack-cloth, and with earth on them.
11) “And on the prince are the ascending offerings, and the grain offerings, and drink offerings, at the festival, the new moons, the sabbaths — in all the appointed times of the house of Israel. He is to prepare the sin offering, and the grain offering, and the ascending offering, and the peace offerings to make atonement for the house of Israel.” ‘Thus said the Master Yahovah, “In the first month, on the first of the new moon, you are to take a young bull, a perfect one, and shall cleanse the set-apart place.
12) “And do the same on the seventh of the new moon for anyone who makes a mistake or is foolish. And you shall make atonement for the House. “In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the New Moon, you have the Passover, a festival of seven days, Unleavened Bread is eaten.
13) “In the seventh month, on the fifteenth day of the new moon, at the festival, he prepares like these seven days, as the sin offering, as the ascending offering, as the grain offering, and as the oil.”
14) ’Thus said the Master Yahovah, “The gate of the inner courtyard facing east is shut the six days of work, but on the sabbath it is opened, and on the day of the new moon it is opened.
15) “And the people of the land shall also bow themselves at the entrance to this gate before Yahovah, on the sabbaths and on the new moons.
16) “And on the day of the new moon: a young bull, a perfect one, six lambs, and a ram, they should be perfect.
17) In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at Rosh Ha’shanah, on the tenth of the new moon, in the fourteenth year after the city was stricken, on that same day the hand of Yahovah came upon me and He brought me there.
18) And David said to Jonathan, “See, tomorrow is the new moon, and I ought to sit with the sovereign to eat. But let me go, and I shall hide in the field until the third day at evening.
1st Samuel 20:5
19) So Jonathan said to him, “Tomorrow is the new moon, and you shall be missed, because your seat shall be empty.
1st Samuel 20:18
20) And David hid in the field. And when the new moon came, the sovereign sat down by the food to eat.
1st Samuel 20:24
21) And it came to be the next day, the second day of the new moon, that David’s place was empty. and Sha’ul said to Jonathan his son, “Why has the son of Yishai not come to eat, either yesterday or today?”
1st Samuel 20:27
22) “Stop bringing futile offerings, incense, it is an abomination to Me. New Moons, Sabbaths, the calling of gatherings — I am unable to bear unrighteousness and assembly. “My being hates your New Moons and your appointed times, they are a trouble to Me, I am weary of bearing them.
23) saying, “When does the New Moons pass so that we sell grain, and the Sabbath so that we trade our wheat, to make the ephah small and the Sheqel large, and to falsify the scales by decit,
24) “And I shall cause all her rejoicing, her festivals, her New Moons, and her Sabbaths, even all her appointed times, to cease,
25) “They have acted treacherously against Yahovah, for they have brought forth strange children. Now a new moon shall devour them with their portions.
26) Let no one therefore judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths — which are a shadow of what is to come — but the Body of the Messiah.
27) And he said, “Why are you going to him today? It is neither the new moon nor the sabbath.” And she said, “It is well!”
2nd Kings 4:23
28) ‘You are going to eat, not one day, nor two days, nor five days, nor ten days nor twenty days, but for a new moon of days, until it comes out of your nostrils and becomes an abomination to you, because you have rejected Yahovah who is among you, and have wept before Him, saying, “Why did we come up out of Egypt?” ’ ” And Moses said, “The people in whose midst I am are six hundred thousand men on foot, and You, You have said, ‘I give them meat to eat for a new moon of days.’
29) Blow a shofar in the New Moon, in the covering for the day of our festival.
30) “For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make stand before Me,” declares Yahovah, “so your seed and your name shall stand. “And it shall be from New Moon to New Moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before Me,” declares Yahovah.