What the Scriptures says about Chanukah or the Feast of Dedication
1) There won’t be any light on that day. The sun, moon and stars will not shine. It will be a day unlike any other. It won’t be separated into day and night. It will be a day known only to Yahovah. After that day is over, there will be light again.
Zechariah 14:6- 7
2) “ The eye is like a lamp for the body. Suppose your eyes are good. Then your whole body will be full of light.
3) “ You are the light of the world. A city on a hill can’t be hidden. Also, people do not light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on it’s stand. Then it gives light to everyone in the house. “ In the same way, let your light shine in front of others. Then they will see the good things you do. And they will praise your father who is in heaven.
4) The people who are now living in darkness will see a great light. They are now living in a very dark land. But a light will shine on them.”
5) The people who are now living in darkness will see a great light. They are now living in a very dark land. But a light will shine on them.
6) Yeshua spoke to the people again. He said, “ I am the light of the world. Those who follow me will never walk in darkness. They will have the light that leads to life.”
7) Olive oil for the lights spices for the anointing oil and for the sweet smelling incense.
8) “ All of the skilled workers among you must come. They must make everything yahovah has commanded for the holy tent and it’s covering. Here is what they must make. “ hooks, frames, crossbars, posts, bases the ark of the covenant the poles and cover for the ark the curtain that screens the ark the table for the holy bread the poles and all of the articles for the table the holy bread the lamp stand for light and everything that is used with it the lamps and the olive oil that gives light.
9) They also brought spices and olive oil. They brought them for the light, for the anointing oil, and for the sweet -smelling incense.
10) Then they brought the holy tent to Moses along with everything that belonged to it. Here are the things they brought. Hooks, frames, crossbars, posts, bases. The covering of ram skins that were dyed red. The covering of the hides of sea cows. The curtain that screens the ark. the ark where the tablets of the covenant are kept the poles and cover for the ark. The table for the holy bread with all of its articles the holy bread. The pure gold lampstand with it’s row of lamps and everything that is used with it the olive oil that gives light.
11) “ They must get a blue cloth. With it they must cover the lampstand that light. They must also cover it’s lamps, trays and wick cutters. And they must cover all of it’s jars. The jars are for the olive oil that is used in the lampstand.
12) “ The priest Eleazar will be in charge of the olive oil for the light. He is the son of Aaron. Eleazar will be in charge of the sweet-smelling incense. He will be in charge of the regular grain offering and the anointing oil . He will be in charge of the entire holy tent. He will also be in charge of everything that is in it. That includes all of the articles that belong to the tent.”
13) Every morning and evening the priests bring burnt offerings and sweet-smelling incense to Yahovah. They set out the holy bread on the table. That table is ‘ clean.’ They light the lamps on the gold lampstand every evening. “ We always do what Yahovah our Elohim requires in his law. But you have deserted him.
2nd Chronicles 13:11
14) Blessed are those who have learned to shout praise to you. Yahovah, they live in the light of your favor.
15) The light of his favor shines on those who do what is right. Joy comes to those whose hearts are honest.
16) Here is the message we have heard from him and announce to you. Elohim is light. There is no darkness in him at all. Suppose we say that we share life with yahweh but still walk in the darkness. Then we are lying. We are not living by the truth. But suppose we walk in the light, just as he is in the light. Then we share life with one another. And the blood of Yeshua, his son, makes us pure from all sin.
1st John 1:5-7
17) Life was in him, and that life was the light for all people. The light shines in the darkness. But the darkness has not understood it. A man came who was sent from Yahweh. His name was John. He came to give witness about that light. He gave witness so that all people could believe. John himself was not the light. He came only as a witness to the light.” The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
18) Yahweh said, “ let there be light.” And there was light. Elohim saw that the light was good. He separated the light from the darkness. Yahweh called the light “day.” He called the darkness “night.” There was evening and there was morning. It was day one.
19) Elohim said, “ Let there be lights in the huge space of the sky. Let them separate the day from the night. Let them serve as signs to mark off the seasons and the days and the years. Let them serve as lights in the huge space of the sky to give light on the earth.” And that’s exactly what happened. Elohim made two great lights. He made the larger light to rule over day . He made the smaller light to rule over the night. He also made the stars. Yahweh put the lights in the huge space of the sky to give light on the earth. He put them there to separate light from darkness. Elohim saw that is was good. And there was evening, and there was morning. It was day four.
20) You have the fountain of life. We are filled with light because you give us light.
21) “ Then make it’s seven lamps. Set them up on it so that they light the space in front of it.
22) “ Command the people of Israel to bring you clear oil that is made from pressed oilves. Use it to keep the lamps burning and giving light.
23) Yahovah said to Moses, “ Speak to Aaron. Say to him. ‘Set up the seven lamps. They will give light to the area that is in front of the lampstand.’ ”
24) Yahovah, you are my lamp. You bring light into my darkness.
2nd Samuel 22:29
25) But you will not build the temple. Instead, your son will build the temple for my name. He is your own flesh and blood;
1st Kings 8:19
26) But Yahovah didn’t want to destroy the royal family of David. That’s because Yahovah had made a covenant with him. He had promised to keep the lamp of David’s kingdom burning brightly for him and his children after him forever.
2nd Chronicles 21:7
27) It’s the land of darkest night and deep shadow and disorder. There even the light is like darkness.
28) People like you turn night into day. Even though it’s dark you say, ‘Light is nearby.
29) What you decide to do will be done. Light will shine on the path you take.
30) He searches the places where the rivers begin. He brings hidden things out into the light.
31) The light of his lamp shone on me. I walked through darkness by his light.
32) Elohim set me free. He kept me from going down into the grave. So I’ll live to enjoy the light that leads to life.’
33) “ Yahweh does all of those things to people. In fact, he does them again and again. He wants to stop people from going down into the grave. Then the light that leads to life will shine on them.
Job 33: 29-30
34) Yahovah, you keep the lamp of my life burning brightly. You are my Elohim. You bring light into my darkness.
35) Yahovah gives me light and saves me. Why should I fear anyone? Yahovah is my place of safety. Why should I be afraid?
36) He will make your godly ways shine like the dawn. He will make your honest life shine like the sun at noon.
37) Work hard to feed hungry people. Satisfy the needs of those who are crushed. Then my blessing will light up your darkness. And the night of your suffering will become as bright as the noonday sun.
38) “ I, Yahovah, have chosen you to do what is right. I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you safe. You will put my covenant with the people of Israel into effect. And you will be a light for the other nations.
39) Israel is blind. So I will lead them along paths they had not known before. I will guide them on roads they are not familiar with. I will turn the darkness into light as they travel. I will make the rough places smooth. Those are the things I will do. I will not desert my people.
40) Then the light of my blessing will shine on you like the rising sun. I will heal you quickly. I will march out ahead of you. And my glory will follow behind you and guard you. That is because I always do what is right.
41) You will not need the light of the sun by day anymore. The bright light of the moon no longer have to shine on you. I will be your light forever. My glory will shine on you. I am Yahovah your Elohim. Your sun will never set again. Your moon will never lose it’s light. I will be your light forever.
42) Even in the darkness light shines on honest people. It shines on those who are kind and tender and godly.
43) But I am writing what amounts to a new command. It’s truth was shown in how Yeshua lived. It is also shown in how you live. The darkness is passing away. The true light is already shining. Suppose someone claims to be in the light but hates his brother and sister. Then he is still in the darkness. Those who love their brothers and sisters are living in the light. There is nothing in them to make them fail into sin.
1st John 2:8-10
44) “ Yahovah, you keep the lamp of my life burning brightly. You are my Yahweh. You bring light into my darkness .”
45) “ He will bring me forth to the light; I shall behold his deliverance.”
46) “ Light is sweet sweet. People enjoy being out in the sun.”
47) “ No one can look at the sun. It’s to bright after the wind has swept the skies clean. Out of the north Yahweh comes in his shining glory. He comes in all his wonderful majesty.”
48) “ The night is far gone, the day is at hand. Let us then cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light.”
49) But suppose your eyes are bad. Then your whole body will be full of darkness. If the light inside you is darkness, then it is very dark!
50) Yeshua, therefore, said to them, “Yet a little while the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. And he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going. “While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you become sons of light.” These words Yeshua spoke, and went off and was hidden from them.
51) “ I have come into the world to be a light. No one who believes in me will stay in darkness.
52) “ There was darkness in all the land of Egypt for three days, but all the Israelites had light in their dwellings.”
53) “ You O, Yahovah keep my lamp burning: my Elohim turns my darkness into light.”
54) “ You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.”
55) “ The light of the eyes rejoices the heart.”
56) “ O house of Jacob come let us walk in the light of Yahovah.”
57) “ Yeshua answered and said to them, “ Go and tell Yochanan again the things which you have heard and seen - the blind receive sight.”
58) “ Elohim is Yahweh. He has made the light of his favor shine upon us.”
59) “ Send forth your light and your truth. Let them guide me.”
60) “ You shall have no other gods in my face! ”
61) “ Do not make for yourself any graved image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above or that is the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth….
62) “ You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my pecrees...The man who obeys them will live by them.”
63) “ Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to molech. For you must not profane. The name of your Elohim, I am Yahovah.”
64) “ Do not learn the way of the gentiles…”
65) You will enter the land Yahovah your Elohim is giving you. When you do, don’t copy the practices of the nations that are there. Yahovah hates those practices.
66) “ You must not worship Yahovah your Elohim in their way.”
67) “ Be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “ How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same. You must not worship Yahovah your Elohim in their way, because in worshipping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things Yahovah hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.”
68) “ I am Yahovah. That is my name! I will not let any other god share my glory. I will not let statues of gods share my praise.
69) They refused to obey his rules. They broke the covenant he had made with them. They didn’t pay any attention to the warnings he had given them. They worshipped worthless statues of gods. Then they themselves became worthless. They followed the example of the nations that were around them. They did it even though Yahovah had ordered them not to. He had said, “ Do not do as they do.” They did the very things Yahovah had told them not to do.
2 Kings 17:15
70) Yeshua said to him, “ Get away from me, Satan! It is written, “ worship Yahovah your Elohim. He is the only one you should serve.’ ”
71) Yahovah, you give me strength. You are like a fort to me. When I’m in trouble, I go to you for safety. The nations will come to you from one end of the earshot the other. They will gather together and say, “ Our people of long ago didn’t own anything except statues of gods. The statues were worthless. They didn’t do them any good.
72) Worship Yahovah your Elohim. He is the only one you should serve. When you make promises, take your oaths in his name. Don’t follow other gods. Don’t worship the gods of the nations that are around you. Yahovah your Yahweh is among you. He is a jealous god. If you worship other gods, his anger will burn against you. And he will destroy you from the face of the land.
73) They made Yahweh angry by going to their high places. They made him jealous by worshiping the statues of their gods. When Yahovah saw what the people were doing, he was very. He turned away from them completely.
74 Don’t have anything to do with the gods of other nations. Don’t bow down and worship strange gods.
75) All of the gods of nations are like their statues. They can’t do anything. But Yahovah made the heavens glory and majesty are all around him. Strength and joy can be seen in the place where he lives.
1st Chronicles 16:26-27
76) Solomon also made all of the articles that were in Yahweh’s temple. He made the tablets for the holy bread. He made the pure gold lampstands and their lamps. The lamps burned in front of the most holy room, just as the law requried.
2nd Chronicles 4:19-20
77) You wrap yourself in light as if it were a robe. You spread the heavens out like a tent
78) The lights of godly people shine brightly. But the lamps of sinners are blown out.
79) Here is the message we have heard from him and announce to you, Elohim is light. There is no darkness in him at all.
1st John 1:5
80) Do not turn away from me to worship statues of gods. Do not make gods out of metal for yourselves, I am Yahovah your Elohim.
81) All those who makes statues of gods will be put to shame.
82) The believers themselves report the kind of welcome you gave us. They tell about how you turned away from idols of gods to serve the living and true Elohim.
1st Thessalonians 1:9
83) There maybe so called gods either in heaven or on earth. In fact, there are many Yahweh’s and many Yahovah’s.” But for us there is only one Elohim.
1st Corinthians 8:5-6
84) On that day I will remove the names of gods from the land. They will not even be remembered anymore.
85) When the altar was anointed, the leaders brought their offerings. They placed them in front of the altar. They brought their offerings to set the altar apart.
86) “ What do you see? ” he asked me. “ I see a solid gold lampstand,” I answered. “ It has a bowl on top of it. There are seven lamps on it. Seven tubes lead to each of them. There are two olive trees by the lampstand. One is on it’s right side. The other is on it’s left.”
87) Then came the Feast of Hanukkah at Jerusalem. It was winter. Yeshua was in the temple area walking in Solomon’s porch.
88) Your word is like a lamp that shows me the way. It is like a light that guides me.
89) The lamp of Yahovah searches a man’s heart. It searches deep down inside him.
90) It set itself up to be as great as Yahovah. He is the prince of heavenly army. It took the daily sacrifices away from him. And his temple in Jerusalem was brought low.
91) One of the holy angels said to me, “ It will take 2,300 Evenings and Mornings. Then the temple will be made holy again.”
92) Or do you know that your body is the Dwelling Place of the Set-apart Spirit who is in you, which you have from Elohim, and you are not your own? For you were bought with a price, therefore esteem Elohim in your body and in your spirit, which are of Elohim.
1st Corinthians 6:19
93) Do you not know that you are a Dwelling Place of Elohim and that the Spirit of Elohim dwells in you? If anyone destroys the Dwelling Place of Elohim, Elohim shall destroy him. For the Dwelling Place of Elohim is set-apart, which you are.
1st Corinthians 3:16-17
94) For Elohim, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts for the enlightening of the knowledge of the esteem of Elohim in the face of Yeshua Messiah.
2nd Corinthians 4:6
95) For you are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
1st Thessalonians 5:5
96) And He said to them, “Would a lamp be brought to be put under a basket or under a bed? Is it not to be put on a lamp stand? “For whatever is hidden shall be revealed, and whatever has been kept secret, shall come to light.
97) But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a set-apart nation, a people for a possession, that you should proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light,
1st Peter 2:9
98) But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Yeshua Messiah His Son cleanses us from all sin.
1st Peter 1:7