What the Scriptures says about the Ascension
1) Theophilus, I wrote about Ye'shua in my earlier book. I wrote about all he did and taught until the day he was taken up to heaven. Before Ye'shua left, he gave orders to the apostle’s he had chosen. He did this through the Holy Spirit.
2) He said to them, “ Go into the world. Preach the good news to everyone. Anyone who believe’s and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who does not believe will be punished. Here are the miraculous signs that those who believe will do. In my name they will drive out demons. They will speak in languages they had not known before. They will pick up snakes with their hands. And when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all. They will place their hands on sick people. And the people will get well.” When Yeshua finished speaking to them, he was taken up into heaven. He sat down at the right had of Yahovah. Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere. Yahovah worked with them. And he backed up his word by the signs that went with it.
3) The son of man is Yehovah of the Sabbath day.”
4) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you. Then you will be my witness in Jerusalem. You will be my witnesses in all Judea and Samaria. And you will be my witnesses from one end of the earth to the other.” After Ye'shua said this, he was taken up to heaven. They watched until a cloud hid him from their sight. While he was going up, they kept on looking at the sky. Suddenly two men dressed in white clothing stood beside them. “ Men of Galilee,” they said, “ why do you stand here looking at the sky? Yeshua has been taken away from you into heaven. But he will come back in the same way you saw him go.”
5) You gave him authority over all people. He gives eternal life to all those you have given him.
6) “ What I’m about to tell you is true. Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. In fact, he will do even greater things. That is because I am going to the father.
7) Yehovah showed when he raised Ye'shua from the dead. He seated him at his right hand in his heavenly kingdom.
8) “ The son of man will come in all his glory. All the angels will come with him. Then he will sit on his throne in the glory of heaven.
9) We know that Yehovah raised Ye'shua from the dead. And he will also raise us up with Yeshua. He will bring us with you to heaven Yehovah in heaven.
2nd corinthians 4:14
10) Yehovah raised us up with Ye'shua. He has seated us with him in his heavenly kingdom because we belong to Ye'shua.
11) Who can sentence us to death? Yeshua is at the right hand of Yahovah and is also praying for us. He died. More than that, he was raised to life.
12) The one who came down is the same as the one who went up higher than all the heavens. He did it in order to fill all of creation.
13) There Yeshua sits far above all who rule and have authority. He also sits far above all powers and kings. He is above every title that can be given in this world and in the world to come.
14) It will all come about when history has been completed. Yahovah will then bring together all things in heaven and on earth under one ruler. The ruler is Yeshua.
15) Some of his disciples spoke to one another. They said, “ what does he mean by saying, ‘In a while you will no longer see me. Then after a little while you will see me? And what does he mean by saying, “ I am going to the father’?”
16) “ But what I’m about to tell you is true. It is for your good that i am going away. Unless I go away, the friend will not come to help you. But if I go, I will send him to you.
17) The world is guilty as far as godliness is concerned. That is because I am going to the father, where you can’t see me anymore.
18) “ I came from the father and entered the world. Now I am leaving the world and going back to the father.”
19) Then Yeshua came to them. He said, “ all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
20) When he comes, he will prove that the world’s people are guilty. He will prove their guilt concerning sin and godliness and judgement.
21) He said to him, “ I will give you all their authority and glory. It has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.”
22) The son of man came to look for the lost and save them.”
23) There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun. Yahovah Elohim will give them light. They will rule for ever and ever.
24) “ Then the king will speak to those on his right. He will say, ‘My father has blessed you. Come and take what is yours. It is the kingdom prepared for you since the world was created.
25) As his children, we will receive all that he has for us. We will share what Yeshua receives. But we must share in his sufferings if we want to share in his glory.
26) I want you to know that son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” Then he spoke to the man who could not walk. “ Get up,” he said. “ Take your mat and go home.” The man got up and went home. When the crowd saw this, they were filled with wonder. They praised Yahovah for giving that kind of authority to men.
27) I have given you authority to walk all over snakes and scorpions. You will be able to destroy all the power of the enemy. Nothing will harm you.
28) You say I drive out demons by the power of Beelzebub. Then by whose power do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But suppose I drive out demons by the spirit of Yahweh. Then Yahovah’s kingdom has come to you.
29) “ Little flock, do not be afraid. Your father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.
30) You will be driven away from people. You will live like the wild animals. You will eat grass just as cattle do. You will become wet with the dew of heaven. Seven periods of time will pass by for you. Then you will recognize that the most high Yahovah rules over all of the kingdoms of men. He gives them to anyone he wants.
31) I reached out my great and powerful arm. I made the earth its people and animals. And I can give the earth to anyone I please.
32) Set me free from men who beaten me down. Then I will obey your rules.
33) “ ‘ At that I will break the yoke off their necks,’ announces Yahovah who rules over all. ‘ I will tear off the ropes that hold them. People from other lands will not make them slaves anymore.
34) She gave birth to a son. He will rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was taken up to Yahovah and to his throne.
35) There was war in heaven. Micheal and his angels fought against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back. But the dragon wasn’t strong enough. He and his angels lost their place in heaven.
36) Then I heard a loud voice in heaven. It said, “ Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our Yahovah have come. The authority of his Yeshua has come. Satan, who brings charges against our brothers and sisters, has been thrown down. He brings charges against them before our Yahweh day and night.
37) ‘ I’ll give those who overcome the right to sit with me on my throne. In the same way, I overcame. Then I sat down with my father on his throne.
38) At once the Holy Spirit took complete control of me. There in front of me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. The one who sat there shone like jewels. Around the throne was a rainbow that looked like an emerald.
39) The living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to the one who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever. At the same time, the 24 elders fall down and worship the one who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns in front of the throne. They say, “ You are worthy, our Yahovah and Elohim! You are worthy to receive glory and honor and power. You are worthy because you created all things. They were created and they exist. That is the way you planned it.”
40) “ Yahovah, Yahweh of Isreal, has driven the Amorites out to make room for his people. So what right do you have to take it over? You will take what your god chemosh gives you, won’t you? In the same way, we will take over what Yahovah our Yahweh has given us.
41) “ Not everyone who says to me, ‘ Yahovah, Yahovah,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven. Only those who do what my father in heaven wants will enter. ‘ Yahovah! Yahovah! Didn’t we drive out demons in your name? Didn’t we do many miracles in your name?’ Then I will tell them clearly, ‘ I never knew you. Get away from me, you who do evil!’
42) “ I am going to send you what my father has promised. But for now, stay in the city. Stay there until you have received power from heaven.” Yeshua led his disciples out to the area near Bethany. Then he lifted up his hands and blessed them. He was taken up into heaven. They worshipped him. With great joy, they returned to Jerusalem. Evey day they went to the temple, praising Yahovah.
43) Yeshua spoke to the crowds and to his disciples. “The teachers of the law and the pharisees sit in Moses’s seat,” he said. “ So you must obey them. Do everything they tell you. But don’t do what they do. They don’t practice what they preach.
44) But these are written down so that you may believe that Yeshua is the son of Yahovah. If you believe this, you will have life because you belong to him.
45) He said to them, “ You should not be concerned about times or dates. The father has set them by his own authority.
46) He said to them, “ Go into all the world. Preach the good news to everyone. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who does not believe will be punished. Here are the miraculous signs that those who believe will do. In my name they will drive out demons. They will speak in languages they had not known before. They will pick up snakes with their hands. And when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all. They will place their hands on sick people. And the people will get well.” When Yeshua finished speaking to them, he was taken up into heaven. He sat down at the right hand of Yahovah.
47) Then Yeshua came to them. He said, “ All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. So you must go and make disciples of all nations. Baptize them in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit. Teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And you can be sure that I am always with you to the very end.”
48) His followers will preach in his name. They will tell others to turn away from their sins and be forgiven. People from every nation will hear it, beginning at Jerusalem. You have seen these things with your own eyes.
49) Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere. Yahovah worked with them. And he backed up his word by the signs that went with it.
50) That same day two of Yeshua’s followers were going to a village called Emmaus. It was about seven miles from Jerusalem. They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. As they talked about those things, Yeshua himself came up and walked along with them. But Yahovah kept them from recognizing him.
51) The two men approached the village where they were going. Yeshua acted as if he were going farther. But they tried hard to keep him from leaving. They said, “ stay with us. It is nearly evening. The day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them. He joined them at the table. Then he took bread and gave thanks. He broke it and began to give it to them. Their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. But them he disappeared from their sight. They said to each other, “ he talked with us on the road. He opened the scriptures to us. Weren’t our hearts burning inside us durning that time? ”
52) After his suffering and death, he appeared to them. In many ways he proved that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of 40 days. Durning that time he spoke about Yahovah’s kingdom.
53) The lamb opened the seventh seal. Then there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
54) Now it is time for the world to be judged. Now the prince of this world will be thrown out.
55) Finally, the devil took Yeshua to a very high mountain. He showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. “ If you bow and worship me,” he said, “ I will give you all of this.”
56) And the father has given him the authority to judge. This is because he is the son of man.
57) The son of man came to look for the lost and save them.”
58) Then the devil led Yeshua up to a high place. In an instant, he showed Yeshua all the kingdoms of the world.
59) So if you worship me, it will all be yours.”
60) Yahovah placed all things under Yeshua’s rule. He appointed him to be ruler over everything for the church. The church is Yeshua’s body. It is filled by Yeshua. He fills everything in every way.
61) Then the 11 disciples went to Galilee. They went to the mountain where Yeshua had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshipped him. But some still had their doubts.
62) That’s why a woman should have her head covered. It shows that she is under authority. She should also cover her head because of the angels.
1st Corinthians 11:10
63) And he is the head of the body, which is the church. He is the beginning. He is the first to be raised from the dead. That happened so that he would be far above everything.
64) All things were created by him. He created everything in heaven and on earth. He created evrything that can be seen and everything that can’t be seen. He created kings, powers, rulers and authorities. Everything was created by him and for him. Before anything was created, he was already there. He holds everything together.
65) The pharisees went out. They made plans to trap Yeshua with his own words. They sent their followers to him. They sent the Herodians with them. “ Teacher,” they said, “ we know you are a man of honor. You teach the way of Yahovah truthfully. You don’t let others tell you want to do or say. You don’t care how important they are. Tell us then, what do you think? Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not? ” But Yeshua knew their evil plans. He said, “ You pretenders! Why are you trying to trap me? Show me the coin people use for paying the tax.” They brought him a silver coin. He asked them, “ Whose pictures is this? And whose words? ” “Caesar’s,” they replied. Then he said to them, “ Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. And give to Yahweh what belongs to Yahovah.” When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.
66) Yeshua and his disciples arrived in Capernaum. There the tax collectors came to Peter. They asked him, “ Doesn’t your teacher pay the temple tax? ” “ Yes, he does,” he replied. When Peter came into the house, Yeshua spoke first. “ What do you
think, Simon? ” he asked “ who do the kings of the earth collect taxes and fees from? Do they collect from their own sons or from others? ” “ From others,” Peter answered. “ Then the sons don’t have to pay.” Yeshua said to him. “ But we don’t want to make them angry. So go to the lake and throw out you fishing line. Take the first fish you catch. Open it’s mouth. There you will find the exact coin you need. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.”
67) “ Then ten horns you saw are ten king’s. They have not yet received a kingdom. But for one honor they will receive authority to rule together with the beast. They have only one purpose. So they give their power and authority to the beast.
68) I reached out my great and powerful arm. I made the earth. I made it’s people and animals. And I can give the earth to anyone I please.
69) “ ‘ At that time I will break the yoke off their necks, announces Yahovah who rules over all. ‘ I will tear off the ropes that hold them. People from other lands will not make them slaves anymore.
70) When he comes, he will prove that the world’s people are guilty. He will prove their guilt concerning sin and godliness and Judgement.
71) which He wrought in the Messiah when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenlies,
72) If, then, you were raised with Messiah, seek the matters which are above, where Messiah is, seated at the right hand of Elohim.